Chips are digital content that allow users to “Chip-In” on content that they enjoy, as well as send Chips to individual users on WritScrib.
WritScrib’s Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”) include this Chips Agreement, which is incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service. By purchasing, enabling, interacting with or otherwise using Chips, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by WritScrib’s Terms of Service, Copyright Policy, and Community Guidelines.
This applies to all WritScrib users. You are solely responsible for your use of Chips and you agree to use them at your own risk. BY USING WRITSCRIB, YOU AGREE NOT TO violate any law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right, or commit a tort, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct while using WritScrib. You also agree that:
You must use Chips only in a manner that, in WritScrib's sole discretion, is consistent with the purposes of Chips, which is to allow users of WritScrib to chip-in on content that they enjoy, or else otherwise tip creators.
Acceptable uses include:
- Users may use Chips to support a post
- Users may hide a post behind a Chip “pay wall” that only allows other users to see the post once they have chipped-in a certain amount of Chips
- Users may offer commissions that are paid in Chips
- Users may create posts requesting Chips, but other users are not obligated to chip-in on those posts.
You may transfer your Chips to another user, and you may sell your Chips back to the site once you have earned a minimum of $5 worth of Chips on your account.
Chips may not be used for illegal, improper, and/or inappropriate purposes. Illegal purposes include, but are not limited to:
- using Chips to violate any law, rule, or regulation;
- using Chips as a bet or wager or soliciting or accepting Chips for a bet or wager; or
- using Chips to engage in any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity, or soliciting or receiving Chips for any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity.
Improper and/or inappropriate uses include, but are not limited to:
- Soliciting Chips for stolen content;
- using Chips for illegal content;
- threatening other users for Chips, including but not limited to threatening to commit suicide unless users pay you Chips;
- or otherwise attempting to coerce other users into giving you Chips.
Remedies: WritScrib reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine if Chips are being used for any of the foregoing purposes or activities.
Violation of this agreement may result in civil or criminal liability, and WritScrib, in its sole discretion, in addition to any remedy that it may have at law or in equity, may immediately terminate permission for you to use Chips. In addition, WritScrib may investigate incidents that are contrary to this agreement and provide requested information to third parties who have provided notice to WritScrib stating that they have been harmed by your failure to abide by this agreement. WritScrib may bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or collect damages caused by any violation of any part of this agreement.
Any violations or attempted violations of this agreement by you (or any third party acting on your behalf) will constitute a violation of the Terms of Service, including this agreement, by you and a material breach of any other applicable agreement, and/or supplements to any applicable agreement(s).WritScrib’s failure to enforce this agreement in every instance in which it might have application does not amount to a waiver of WritScrib’s rights.